Monday, August 8, 2016

Emerald HUB in Phnom Penh: New wave of co-working spaces in Cambodia

When I visited Phnom Penh over the last weekend, I needed a place to do some writing. Hotel rooms are not my preference, and since my friend Chantra invited me to his new venture, I gave the Emerald Hub a try. It is located at the Phnom Penh University building at the 11th floor. First of all, its specious. Lots of tables and chairs (the latter could be a bit more comfortable), air-con, separate rooms and a big meeting room.



Costs are different depending on your use: Residents pay 100 USD a month and have access 7 days a week between 8am and 8.30pm. The full time package offers for 75 USD a 5 days working week, and for 30 USD you can come 2 days a week. Day passes are available for 7 USD.
They are planning to expand, first in Phnom Penh in BKK3 and another location, but other cities are on the list as well. A big advantage is that they open on weekends as well. The Wifi is fast, and when I was there on a Sunday it was all quiet and a good working environment.
You can just walk in for one of the regular tables. Meeting rooms and small rooms have to be booked in advance.




No comments: